Each One Reach One Huddle
R.E.A.C.H. ALLIANCE WITH KEVIN BRACY
It is the mission of The R.E.A.C.H. One Alliance to:
- Create a momentous positive shift in school climate.
- Reduce the stress, frustration and fear factors associated with bullying on campus.
- Empower students to be Leaders in Action who are proactive in the areas of acceptance, character and compassion.
- Create an environment of inclusion.
- Increase student engagement.
- Create a generation of tobacco free students.
Students at Bridgeway are learning how to be brave, compassionate, and empathetic individuals as part of this program which includes assemblies, morning meetings, rallies, and daily affirmations. For more information visit: kevinbracy.com/programs/reach-one-alliance.
The R.E.A.C.H. motif manifests the core message that every student has the power to make a positive difference. Within the framework of "EACH ONE, REACH ONE," Kevin not only encourages each student, but coaches those who have signed up to be a R.E.A.C.H. One Alliance club member on how to R.E.A.C.H. out to at least one person daily to intentionally practice inclusion, kindness, acceptance and leadership on our campus.
Bullying is any severe or pervasive physical or verbal act or conduct including writing, or electronic act that causes or can be reasonably predicted to have the effect of one or more of the following for a reasonable person:
vFear of harm to person or property
vExperience a substantial physical or psychological detrimental effect
vSubstantial interference with academic performance
vSubstantial interference with participation or benefit from school services, activities or privileges
- Use of modern communication technologies:
- Instant Messaging
- Chat Rooms
- Web Sites
- Social Networking Sites
- Cell phones and other forms of technology
- To intentionally embarrass, humiliate, threaten or intimidate an individual or group
- To attempt to gain power or control
Electronic Act 48900
- Transmission by means of an electronic device of a communication including but not limited to :
- A message
- Post on a social network
- The act must be related to school activity or attendance
AB 9 Reporting Process
- All credible incidents are reported
- Report submitted within 24 hours to administration
- Administrator determines if bullying has occurred
- Within 3 school days, incident is investigated
- If not bullying, educate for future
- If bullying has occurred, plan for victim and perpetrator is developed separately.